Tuesday 4 December 2012

Novena for Work - St. Josemaria Escriva - Day 1


Day 1

Work as a path to holiness

St Josemaría says:

We have come to call attention once again to the example of Jesus,
who spent thirty years in Nazareth, working as a carpenter. In his
hands, a professional occupation, similar to that carried out by millions
of people all over the world, was turned into a divine task. It became a
part of our Redemption, a way to salvation.1

Your ordinary contact with God takes place where your fellow men,
your yearnings, your work and your affections are. There you have your
daily encounter with Christ. It is in the midst of the most material things
of the earth that we must sanctify ourselves, serving God and all
mankind. 2

1 Conversations with Monsignor Josemaría Escrivá, 55
2 Homily, Passionately Loving the World, in Conversations with Monsignor Josemaría Escrivá, 113

Intention A: To find a job
May our Lord God guide me in the effort to seek work and bless me,
enabling me to obtain honest, dignified and steady employment; and
then help me to see my job as a path to holiness and a service to
others, where God my Father awaits me at every moment, asking me,
in each situation, to imitate Jesus when he worked as a carpenter in
Nazareth.

or Intention B: To do a good job
May our Lord God help me see my job as a path to holiness and a
service to others, where God my Father awaits me at every moment,
asking me, in each situation, to imitate Jesus when he worked as a
carpenter in Nazareth.

Prayer to St. Josemaria:

No comments:

Post a Comment