1. Collect - Put everything that pops into your head (ideas, requests, etc...) into a "bucket" to come back to later. Empty the collecting buckets regularly. This avoids wasting emotional excitement time.
2. Process - Of your collection, if it takes less than two minutes to do, do it now!
3. Organize - Put every item in a category; Useful future references versus Someday/Maybe
4. Review - Make sure the categories are up-to-date!
5. Do - Do the item considering time, priority and energy available.